About me

Minnedosa, Manitoba, Canada
Chipperfield's is a specialty coffee and tea shop in Minnedosa, Manitoba. We are situated in one of the prettiest areas of Manitoba complete with lake, valley, hills and lots of trees and wildlife. Just 2 hours west of Winnipeg on the Yellowhead and 30 minutes north of Brandon on the #10 highway.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My first post

I decided I needed a place to write down thoughts that run through my mind BEFORE I say them out loud so I can see if they make sense to me. If so, who cares what others think about my sanity? I also have things I want to do and places I'd like to go before I take the final journey. I want to QUILT! I have tons of fabric and books and patterns and IDEAS but lack of time and overabundance of fear have stopped me from doing any projects. I enjoy reading - science fantasy mostly. Yes, I like to read about dragons and talking creatures and other realities! I've read most of Anne McCaffrey's and Piers Anthony's books. I'd love to have been sent off-planet to live on Petaybee, or Pern. I think I like walks in the woods (although I have developed a fear of wild animals). There is a hiking trail in Eastman that my husband and I did a couple of times when we first started out together. The first time was magical! We packed bread, cheese, drink (wine, I think), etc. and hiked in to the rapids. The water was cold and ran over stones and rock ending in a long rapid. Some brave souls were swimming over the rapids but, being non-swimmers, we elected to watch and wade. That date is one of my favourite memories. Glacier National Park also has a hike that we both loved - it ended at a lake that seemed to be pristine and untainted by man- after such a hike it should be! And shallow as far as I could see. But way too cold to swim in. My husband and I love to travel and plan to spend the next few years seeing places we've talked about going to before health problems make it unfeasible.

One more thing about me, my husband and I are the owners/operators of the Chipperfield Coffee Company specialty coffee shop that the Chipperfield Chronicles introduced to the world. With the Chronicles closing, I will probably post some Chipperfield Coffee Company tidbits here for your information. For example, the girl you know as Kriss is getting married in a few days. She is so excited and overwhelmed at the same time. We'll miss her while she's on her honeymoon, that's for sure. Congratulations to her and her intended.

Please be patient with me until I get comfortable with this blogging thing. We are going on vacation for a couple of weeks beginning Aug. 10th so I may be busy getting Chipperfields and us ready for the trip - taking 3 grandchildren with us - and no, we haven't lost our minds
.

4 comments:

Chipperfield Coffee Company said...

Congrats on putting yourself out there! I'm very proud of you and of course, look forward to those journeys together.

R

Greg said...

Bonnie... I never new you like those books!

It's great to see you take it to the next step. SO proud of what the coffee shop is doing for Minnedosa, but more importantly for you!

Greg

Greg said...

Bonnie...

I never knew you like those books!

Jackie and I are so proud of what you and Dad have done... not only for what it has done for Minnedosa but for you...

Cheers,

Greg

Anonymous said...

Way to go Boss!! Look forward to stopping here for a read.

J