About me

Minnedosa, Manitoba, Canada
Chipperfield's is a specialty coffee and tea shop in Minnedosa, Manitoba. We are situated in one of the prettiest areas of Manitoba complete with lake, valley, hills and lots of trees and wildlife. Just 2 hours west of Winnipeg on the Yellowhead and 30 minutes north of Brandon on the #10 highway.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

A whole bunch of other things going on

It's taking a while getting on to this blogging thing as you, the reader, can see. It's been nearly two months since the vacation with the grandchildren. We had a pretty good trip considering the age differences. The girls were totally surprised by seeing their dad at the airport in Kelowna - they had no idea so their expressions were priceless. The kids saw a lot of new and wonderful places. The badlands in the Drumheller area were awesome! They really HAD to climb the "mountain". And spending 2 or 3 days just lounging at the lake and meeting new cousins. They met a wonderful great aunt who gave each of the girls a beautiful doll from her collection - their own choice! They were very appreciative. I hope the kids remember the trip. Melissa has said she will do a scrapbook so we printed off a lot of the trip photos for her to use and bought her the scrapbook and some embellishments and stickers. I can't wait to see the finished goods.

My aunt is one of the truly good people I've ever known. And she helped turn me on to genealogy. I have a cousin (not a child of hers) who had done a lot of genealogy and got me started. I love searching for more information. I'm a bit of a history when it comes to family but find I have trouble remembering facts. I have Family Tree Maker so enter the new information as soon as I find it. Later this month I will be traveling to meet her in Ontario so another cousin can show us around where the family lived before moving to Manitoba. I have to take my trusty camera to record the trip otherwise I'll forget most of it. And a journal for notes......

And while on the topic of family history, Ross and I are taking part in a Rotary Exchange to the UK in 2008 for two weeks. At the end of it, rather than fly straight back home, we are planning to stay for another week or so to go to Wales where his grandmother came from and to Suffolk to see where my ancestors came from. I was so excited to find that we were accepted as one of the couples that would be going!

Chipperfields had its first Home Routes concert at the end of September. We hosted The Laws, a couple from Ontario who were absolutely great. Try to find their music online and check them out! Our Chipperfield friends really enjoyed them. They are also a really nice couple as we found out at supper and visiting before the concert. The next show is October 26th when we host Chuck Suchy, a folksinger, farmer, songwriter, storyteller, etc. From what I have listened to of his, I am going to love the concert.

Since I began my Blog in August we have found out that we are going to be welcoming our 9th grandchild in the spring. When I met Ross, his youngest son was 4! He already has a beautiful stepdaughter and he and his wife and their daughter will be enjoying a new baby soon.

We are beginning to make our shop ready for Christmas. Loads of new giftware is arriving and I have some great staff getting it all set up. And we are trying a whole bunch of new loose tea of all sorts of flavours. I have to figure out how to get my girls to do a window display that will make heads turn! The early darkness and the white snow make Christmas displays look so gorgeous, don't you all think?

Goodbye for now! Enjoy the autumn - it is lasting forever, isn't it?

No comments: